Protective Coatings Application Training Course
The Industrial Coatings Applicator is a multi-disciplined task theat covers an enourmous amount of possible activities. This training course has been developed from basic principals to allow a new recruit entrance into the industry, training for an experienced person, and education to lead hands, engineers and assistants or third party personell. The training has been structured so that it can be completed step-by-step from the first unit to the last.
Six training modules have been developed all with a number of individual units.
A considerable amount of effort has been put into the health and safety unit and this is by far the most important module
A note about health and safety
This first module contains fourteen units and guides the user on a step-by-step basis through the somewhat complex aspect of health and safety.
The first unit wihin, is the generic 'company induction' unit. As each company's activities are wide ranging, this unit offers general guidelines on what an induction should contain.
The modules and units covered in the industrial coatings applicator training are as follows:
(Click the folders to expand them!)
Protective Coatings Application
- 1 - Health and Safety
- 1.1 - Company Induction
- 1.2 - Accident Prevention
- 1.3 - House Keeping
- 1.4 - First Aid
- 1.5 - Electricity and Air Supply
- 1.6 - Permit to Work
- 1.7 - Risk Assessment
- 1.8 - Material Data Sheets
- 1.9 - LEL, TLV, OEL and MEL
- 1.10 - PPE
- 1.11 - Basic Access Requirements
- 1.12 - Safety in Surface Preparation
- 1.13 - Safety in Paint Application
- 1.14 - Method Statements
- 2 - Access, Plant and Equipment
- 3 - Surface Preparation
- 3.1 - Surface Preparation Requirements
- 3.2 - Surface Preparation Standards
- 3.3 - Hand and Power Tool Equipment
- 3.4 - Pre-Cleaning Methods
- 3.5 - Auxiliary Equipment
- 4 - Paint Types
- 5 - Paint Application
- 5.1 - Environmental Conditions
- 5.2 - Types of Paint Application Equipment
- 5.3 - Paint Film Thickness
- 5.4 - Paint Application Procedures
- 5.5 - Paint Locations and Types
- 6 - Quality Control
All training units comprise of text, illustrations, animations, video and a voiceover! A full set of training notes also accompanies the training.